Community Project Funding: Stearns County
Richmond Sewer and Water Improvements: $2 million
This project would include an 18-city block radius and focus on improving utilities that have caused sewage backups and watermain breaks in the project area since 2018. This would address water and sewer issues impacting homeowners, as well as safety concerns stemming from neglected potholes and tar. These improvements have been part of the city’s capital improvement plan since 2005.
- Improvements to Richmond’s sewer and water system had been previously planned for a 2018 completion date.
- Previous improvement efforts have been delayed because of funding shortages.
- The city of Richmond has significant sanitary sewer debt and has struggled to afford additional loan costs to complete the project.
- These improvements would also address the road deterioration impacting the parade route of the Richmond River Lake Days Festival, a significant draw for the local economy.
- City of Richmond: James Hemmesch, Mayor
- Gilk Plumbing, Heating and A/C, LLC.: Wendy Gilk, President
- Richmond Civic and Commerce: Wendy Gilk, Secretary and Treasurer
- Richmond River Lake Days: Wendy Gilk, Treasurer
- Tim Paczkowski, Resident of Richmond and past Councilman
- Richmond Planning Commission: Chad Vogt, City Resident
City of Richmond
45 Hall Ave. SW
P.O. Box 400
Richmond, MN 56368