This year, my office introduced nearly thirty bills and dozens of letters ranging from the hyper-local to the national. Some of the highlights include:
- A letter signed by more than 200 of my colleagues opposing efforts to spy on American’s bank accounts.
- Legislation to fix our broken budget process and prevent future government shutdowns
- A bill to set clear and consistent regulations for crypto investors.
- An amendment requiring an Inspector General’s oversight in the distribution of $35 million in American Rescue Plan funding A letter urging Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall in support of the Minnesota Air National Guard’s C-130 fleet. This effort led to the continuation of the 133rd Airlift Wing’s mission in Minnesota.
- A bill to make the St. Cloud Police Department’s hugely successful COP House program nationwide.
In addition to curbing reckless government spending, it is my goal to ensure as much taxpayer money as possible is allocated to projects in the Sixth District. My office also brings money back to the district through casework, which can help secure federal benefits or tax returns owed to constituents.
Some highlights of my work to bring money back to CD6 include:
- $3.7 million in funding for the St. Cloud airport
- More than $245,000 in Land and Water Conservation Fund grants to build a new park in St. Francis.
- $19,022 in disability compensation for a veteran family from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- $51,000 in owed Social Security disability payments for a constituent who had been waiting for months.
Some of my office’s most direct work to support Sixth District constituents is through our casework services. My dedicated casework team assists constituents in navigating their Veterans Administration and Social Security benefits, immigration concerns, tax issues and more. You can read more about their work and get help here.
Hearing directly from my constituents helps inform my votes on important legislation and gives me new ideas on how to serve you. It’s rewarding to be able to address my constituents’ concerns, and I welcome the opportunity. If you would like to share your opinions with me, click here.