Emmer said, “It should not be up for debate that parents are the ultimate decision-makers regarding their child’s education. This Republican House Majority is fighting for parental rights and transparency in the classroom, and we are pleased to stand with Representative Letlow in this effort to prioritize education over indoctrination.”
The Parents Bill of Rights Act is centered around five principles:
- Parents have the right to know what their children are being taught.
- Parents have the right to be heard.
- Parents have the right to see the school budget and spending.
- Parents have the right to protect their child’s privacy.
- Parents have the right to keep their children safe.
Emmer also served as a co-sponsor of the Parents Bill of Rights Act when it was originally introduced in 2021.
The Parents Bill of Rights Act can be found in its entirety here.