Young Women in Leadership Program
My office launched the first Young Women Leadership Program in the summer of 2016, and I am excited to continue this program each summer.
This exciting program offers an opportunity for young women in 9th to 12th grade throughout the Sixth District to meet and interact with professional women in the great state of Minnesota who have built successful careers and hold or have held leadership roles in government, business, media and other occupations.
Participants of this program will be able to take part in open roundtable discussions with their peers and women professionals from various fields, all while sharing insights, guidance, and stories. These young women will have the chance to learn about career opportunities in these fields, develop their own leadership and communication abilities, and cultivate skills that they hope to improve upon.
Some of our previous women panelists included:
- Dr. Mary Hinton, President of the College of St. Benedict
- Brigadier General Sandra Best, Minnesota National Guard
- Melissa Wright, Twin Cities PBS, General Counsel & VP of Legal
- Roshini Rajkumar, CEO/Executive Coach at Roshini Performance Group and WCCO Radio Host
- Rachel Paulose, Former U.S. District Attorney, Partner at DLA Piper Global Law
- Jean Hinz, Assistant Vice President of Government Relations at the Minneapolis Federal Reserve
- Judy Shoulak, the President of Buffalo Wild Wings in North America
- Sharon Schindel, the Vice President of Finance and Controller for Shooting Sports at Vista Outdoors
- Jillian Hendrickson, Mayor of Albertville
The application period for 2019 is open. Please read the rules and requirements below before filling in the application. Applications due May 24th.
We will be accepting applications from young women who are currently enrolled in high school, or who will be enrolled in high school in the fall of 2019. Graduating seniors are allowed to apply. Applicants will be accepted based on the quality of their application and their willingness to participate (or attempt to participate) in each of the three events over the course of the summer.
In order to be considered for this program, please fill out the informational questions below.
You will be sent a response via email as to whether you have been accepted to the program.
Women who are interested in participating as a mentor or special guest can also email MN06.LeadershipProgram@mail.house.gov for consideration.