Young Women in Leadership Program
Last year my office launched the first Young Women Leadership Program, and I am excited that we will be holding this program again this year.
This exciting program offers an opportunity for young women in 9th to 12th grade throughout the Sixth District to meet and interact with professional women in the great state of Minnesota who have built successful careers and hold or have held leadership roles in government, business, media and other occupations.
Participants of this program will be able to take part in open roundtable discussions with their peers and women professionals from various fields, all while sharing insights, guidance, and stories. These young women will have the chance to learn about career opportunities in these fields, develop their own leadership and communication abilities, and cultivate skills that they hope to improve upon.
Some of last year's women panelists included:
- Dr. Mary Hinton, President of the College of St. Benedict
- Brigadier General Sandra Best, Minnesota National Guard
- Leslie Rosedahl, Director of Communications and Grassroots Advocacy at Lockridge Grindal Nauen
- Roshini Rajkumar, CEO/Executive Coach at Roshini Performance Group
- Anna Boroff, Public Policy Director at Minnesota Corn Growers Association
- Jean Hinz, Assistant Vice President of Government Relations at the Minneapolis Federal Reserve
- Judy Shoulak, the President of Buffalo Wild Wings in North America
- Sharon Schindel, the Vice President of Finance and Controller for Shooting Sports at Vista Outdoors
- Jillian Hendrickson, Mayor of Albertville
The application period for the 2017 is now open. Please read the rules and requirments below before filling in the application.
This program is scheduled to begin in the beginning of the summer, with an event(s) taking place in June, July, and August.
My office will begin accepting applications on March 31st and will be accepting applications until June 1st.
We will be accepting applications from young women who are currently enrolled in high school, or who will be enrolled in high school in the fall of 2016. Applicants will be accepted based on the quality of their application and their willingness to participate (or attempt to participate) in each of the three events over the course of the summer.
In order to be considered for this program, please fill out the informational and essay questions below. You will also be required to send in a letter of recommendation to the following email address: MN06.LeadershipProgram@mail.house.gov
You will be sent a response via email as to whether you have been accepted to the program.
Women who are interested in participating as a mentor ot special guest can also email MN06.LeadershipProgram@mail.house.gov for consideration.