Young Women Leadership Program
This year my office launched the first Young Women Leadership Program.
This exciting program offers an opportunity for young women in 9th to 12th grade throughout the Sixth District to meet and interact with professional women in the great state of Minnesota who have built successful careers and hold or have held leadership roles in government, business, media and other occupations.
Participants of this program will be able to take part in open roundtable discussions with their peers and women professionals from various fields, all while sharing insights, guidance, and stories. These young women will have the chance to learn about career opportunities in these fields, develop their own leadership and communication abilities, and cultivate skills that they hope to improve upon.
The 2016 program is now complete with events taking place in June, July, and August. I want to sincerely thank all of the young women who participated in our inaugural Young Women Leadership Program as well as our impressive panelists listed below.
- Dr. Mary Hinton, President of the College of St. Benedict
- Brigadier General Sandra Best, Minnesota National Guard
- Leslie Rosedahl, Director of Communications and Grassroots Advocacy at Lockridge Grindal Nauen
- Roshini Rajkumar, CEO/Executive Coach at Roshini Performance Group
- Anna Boroff, Public Policy Director at Minnesota Corn Growers Association
- Jean Hinz, Assistant Vice President of Government Relations at the Minneapolis Federal Reserve
- Judy Shoulak, the President of Buffalo Wild Wings in North America
- Sharon Schindel, the Vice President of Finance and Controller for Shooting Sports at Vista Outdoors
- Jillian Hendrickson, Mayor of Albertville
The application period for the 2017 session will open at the beginning of the year. We hope to see you then!