As a father of seven, I understand that America’s education system should be as diverse and individual-oriented as the children it serves. Ensuring our students receive the highest quality education is fundamental to the strength and growth of our communities. Schools at every level should prepare students for success; our future depends on it.
Here is some of my recent work on education:
- Advocated for increased mental health resources in our schools.
- Introduced legislation to help teachers manage out-of-pocket costs.
- Introduced bipartisan legislation to strengthen apprenticeships in agriculture.
- Supported legislation to ensure parents have a say in their child’s education.
- Championed increasing STEM education programs in rural communities.
More on Education and Workforce Development
|4/29/21||Emmer Encourages Funding for STEM Education|
|1/12/21||Emmer Introduces Legislation to Support Teachers as Schools Reopen|
|12/21/20||Emmer, Hagedorn, Stauber, and State Leaders Urge Walz to Do More to Reopen Schools|
|12/4/20||Emmer Announces Over One Million Dollar Grant to Train Displaced Workers|
|9/29/20||Emmer Introduces Legislation Supporting Teachers in the New School Year|
|9/16/20||Emmer Announces $2.4 Million to Support Struggling Americans Facing Eviction|
|9/10/20||Emmer and Walberg Secure Benefits for Homeschooled Students|
|7/16/20||Emmer Leads Letter Urging Support for Child Care Providers|
|11/1/19||Emmer Statement on the Closure of Electrolux’s St. Cloud Freezer Factory|
|8/3/17||Emmer Holds Summit to Find Solutions to the Skills Gap Crisis|